Friday, May 22, 2009

Good Morning Baby! And Blog Circuits

My godsons are now half a year old!  Can you believe it?  Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how fast babies grow.

Every morning before work I greet them good morning and then good-bye.  It's so sweet and a simple thing I cherish.  Waking up at 5 a.m. sometimes to their crying, not so much.  But it's all good. haha.


That's West on the left and Devin on the right.  This picture was taken during Easter.

Well, it's been a month since my last update.  New stuff?  

-Have a 3rd interview with Cafe1040.org, God Willing.  It's a really great ministry in Atlanta that mobilizes students and young adults into missions to the 10/40 window.  I'm seriously praying about this one.  I truly enjoyed the first 2 interviews I had with a staff member and the founder.  Pretty cool when you can enjoy interviews, right?! :)  I feel at peace about it, but it is a little hard for my brain because it's a fully-supported position.  Meaning, I will need to raise enough support to live for a year in Atlanta.  I've never done anything like that; but if God wants me there helping students seek God in calling them to do missions overseas then He will make it happen!

-Friendships.  I've made some great friendships so far here in Naples.  My life is on a roll and there never is a dull moment.  At first I didn't want to really get that involved with people down here because I wasn't sure God would keep me here.  But I just couldn't avoid it any longer. Being open to whatever God wants me to do is a real challenge that way, because I want to finally settle in one place for a good amount of time.  Although, the upside to it all is that I have awesome friends all over the country and the world.

-Blog Circuits!  So I'm on Twitter a lot (follow me! @therealshortyc) and have subscribed to lots and lots of people on my Google Reader.  Through the interwebs I stay on top of some awesome things going on all over the country with missions and ministry.  And I'm connecting with people all the time.  Lately, I've been getting into blog circuiting.  I received my first free book in the mail which I'm reading and will post about.  And a second book is on the way which I will skim at first and come up with some interview questions for the author.  He'll answer them and I'll post them to my blog.  This is a great way to get connected with like-minded people and be more than just a reader, but someone who is involved in the momentum and movement of what authors are writing about.

Ok, well I hope and pray you all are experiencing God's love no matter what season of life you are in.  One thing I started is making a list of people to pray for.  If you'd like to be added to that list, let me know!

God Bless You!
-Christina

1 comment:

ekang said...

glad to get an update! btw, i sent you an invitation for my blog, but maybe it went to your junk box? this was a while ago.

Support The Movement

Help Courageous Church in Atlanta! http://www.supportthemovement.org