Friday, April 24, 2009

I almost died for Jesus!


Okay, well maybe not really.  But in a way, yes.  For Good Friday, April 10th, 2009 I drove up to Atlanta with 2 other girls (that's us on the left plus one from SC who met us there).

We volunteered for this worship service being held by Passion City Church who's pastor is Louie Giglio.  You can check out their blog here for more pics and info on the event: http://www.passioncitychurch.com/blog/

That night it was dark, windy, and rainy.  The event was being held at the Verizon Ampitheatre and two or three tornados had actually touched down all around us!  Rain was gushing in horizontally, red clay mud was pouring in from the hills,  the temperature was falling and rising, trees were swaying like crazy, you could feel the pressure in the air and see some clouds starting to swirl!

But as the service actually started (at a delayed time) things calmed down and it was an amazing Good Friday service.  Words just can't describe how special that night was as we reflected on and celebrated peacefuly, jubiantly, and joyously what Christ had done for us.  And about 7000 people still showed!  Then Easter Day in Atlanta was a gorgeous 72 degrees with sunshine and clear skies.

The rest of that weekend and the road trip up and back between ATL and Naples was just a lot of fun as I got to bond with new friends and check out a new city.

This month I have been in Naples 5 months already.  Will I stay here?  Will I go?  That is still the question.

2 weeks ago I started my second course in Biblical Counseling called, "Theology in Christian Counseling."

I also created a personal website that you can check out at: bit.ly/aboutchristina

It tells a little bit about what I'm aspiring to do next including a copy of my resume and links to all my interweb goodness! =)

I hope you all are doing well.  I'm staying busy, and things are good.  Please feel free to send me any prayer requests you might have.

God Speed!

No comments:

Support The Movement

Help Courageous Church in Atlanta! http://www.supportthemovement.org