Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Well Done...a song for Lola


As you know, just last fall when I started this blog and was embarking on this journey to full-time ministry, my grandmother in the Philippines passed away.

As I reflect on last year, a lot really happened in 2008.  It was really God's grace to send me to the Philippines in March 2008 to see my Lola (grandma) one last time.  And to see her and the family on behalf of my mom and dad back home in the U.S. since they could not make it.

I had to sacrifice vacation time for almost 3 years, and save up as much money as I could.  Even amidst a lot of difficulties.  But I was able to do it.  And I was able to spend 2 weeks on the other side of the world with family.  Which is something one just cannot put a price on.

Anyways, I found this original song done by an artist called, "Passion," but his real name is Jeremy.  A very talented young man who also is Filipino American hailing from San Francisco.

The song is called "Well Done" and he wrote it for his grandmother back in '05.

I posted this song on a site I share with my cousins in the Philippines and got this encouraging response from my cousin Mark:

From:
Date:02/10/2009 8:32 pm
Subject:Hi Cousin
Message:
The song well done is most wonderful song that i ever hear. because that song (well done) is really meant for lola.
God Bless Always Cousin.
Im already here in the philippnes.
im going back to australia next month.


And here's the video:


No comments:

Support The Movement

Help Courageous Church in Atlanta! http://www.supportthemovement.org