Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lola

My Lola (grandma) aka Rustica Baranda
Sunset September 30, 2008


This morning I got the phone call that my lola had passed away. She was last surrounded by all the women of the family as she waved and winked to them all since she no longer had the ability to speak. My mom also got to tell her, "I love you mamma, happy birthday," over the phone. Oh my, I'm gonna start crying again...



This picture is the wedding day of my mom and dad with lolo and lola standing beside them. Such loving people they were. I'm so proud to have had them as my grandparents.

They loved each other dearly, they loved the Lord, and they loved their children and grandchildren.

This Friday was supposed to be my last day at work, but now I must make quick arrangements to fly with my mother to the Philippines by Thursday. This is all a very weird transition time for me, but I'm going to trust God for the outcome.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 NIV

No comments:

Support The Movement

Help Courageous Church in Atlanta! http://www.supportthemovement.org